Objectives: Mining and urban environment
Research topics of the NEX-EL project focusing on mining and urban environments.
How much emissions reduce along with electrification?
Harmfulness of non-exhaust emissions, source-identification, air quality model?
Materials, filters, operations, etc.
- Mining activies and resulting non-exhaust (real environment measurements)
- Air filtration of cabin (simulation)
- Effect of electrification (real environment)
- Air quality instrumentation and sensors (laboratory + real environment)
- Brake dust and affecting factors (laboratory)
- Tire wear (laboratory measurement)
- Electrification is advancing in mining and traffic, and role of non-exhaust emissions increases when exhaust emissions decrease.
- The project helps industry and companies to minimize non-exhaust emissions from mines and roads; enable sustainable operations and supports development of new products.
- Reducing adverse health effects of non-exhaust emissions on workers in mines and citizens in urban areas will increase their healthy living years.
- Finnish companies are investing on electrification and need solutions to secure overall do-no-significant-harm principles, and to meet anticipated standards for air quality, emissions and non-exhaust emissions.